29 May 2018
ISG in the UK has raised over £100,000 for its UK charity partner, Macmillan Cancer Support.
With an ambition to reach, and improve the lives of, everyone living with cancer and to inspire millions of others to do the same, Macmillan Cancer Support has been providing vital services to people affected by the devastating disease for over 40 years.
Thanks to the incredible support and drive of ISG’s people, we’re delighted to have raised much-needed funds to support people living with cancer.
ISG’s sites and offices across the UK have cycled, run and walked remarkable distances, baked delicious treats, held amazing raffles, hosted pub quizzes and sporting sweepstakes and much more, all in an effort to help those affected by cancer feel more in control of their lives.
This is a significant milestone. £100,000 means Macmillan can:
• hire two Macmillan nurses for a year
• hire three family support workers for a year
• operate a large Macmillan information support centre for a year
• provide training and support to 136,000 volunteers
• fund the welfare rights support line for 230 hours, helping people to access £4m in unclaimed benefits
• fund 100 hours of the Macmillan Cancer Support Line, answering over 3,000 calls and emails from people affected by cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support is ISG’s UK charity partner for 2017-18 and we continue to raise money for the charity via our Just Giving page.
To learn more about our charity partnership and to donate, please visit this link.